Our news is full of political events daily. With the increasing usage of social media, among teenagers and adults, the question arises as to how to learn more about political events happening across their country. This article aims to describe the types of politics, the factors shaping different political views, and how an individual can learn more about politics.
You will meet many people, who are not interested, nor aware about politics. They do not have any views regarding the political situations across the country nor are they interested in making affiliations with any political parties. The question which comes in mind is “What is it called when you have no political views?”; these people are called Apolitical, as their approach towards politics is nonexistent.
However, there are many individuals who are highly interested in politics and want to know more about how to actively participate in political events. This article will be extremely helpful for those people.
Useful tips to understand today’s political events
- Going through the constitution: The first and foremost, is to go through our constitution to fully understand its meaning and purpose so that we can know which political parties are actually following it.
- Read up on Book from your local library: Time to hit your local library to find out more about politics and origins of different laws. There are many books available on the subject of politics in the libraries. Sitting with likeminded people in the library also helps in understanding how to talk to someone with different political views. You can also use an e-library if it’s difficult for you to go to one physically.
- The Internet is your best friend!: The easiest and best source of finding relevant information is through the internet. You can find useful articles, discuss your political interests with people on online forums, go through other people’s opinions, read e-books, search on the history of many political events and get up to date with the current political scenario. There are some websites which are not accessible in all parts of the world; but with free VPN for chrome, you can easily access those at your ease by using the VPN extension. Among the many available VPN to choose from, we would recommend VeePN. By using the VeePN for Chrome extension, you can take a free trial to check if it opens all the desired content for you. It can be added as a chrome extension and will help you in accessing the closed content. The VPN extension will open many articles and websites which were previously not available in your country due to any restriction.
- Podcasts: Listening to podcasts is another great way to stay updated with current political events. Podcasts are often what some politicians reach across with the, to ensure the youth are listening to their agenda.
- Vote: Now that you have kept yourself aware of the political events surrounding you, it is essential that you vote for your preferred party to play an important part in their winning the elections.
Let’s now look at the four types of politics to further understand how our political system is divided:
What are the 4 types of politics?
The four major types of political systems are; democracies, monarchies, oligarchies, and authoritarian and totalitarian regimes. The last two are more of a forceful form of systems, as the governments in these cases use authority to rule by creating fear. In the United States, however, they follow democratic system of government in which the common people of the country are responsible for electing the government through the process of voting in elections.
What are the biggest factors in shaping a person’s political views?
There are many factors which influence an individual’ political views. Some of these are their level of education, gender, occupation they belong to, family relations etc. Level of education often determines the type of candidate preferred by the person as they would like to see more educated and literate people in power. Gender preferences are often made while choosing the candidate; also people tend to follow those who their families are following since a long time.
The people are more often than not, divided among two main groups supporting each strong political party. This is known as political polarization where the people politically support either of the two major parties.
What causes political polarization?
The political polarization is caused by many factors, we have discussed a few major ones which are the main causes behind it.
- Policies in Election: Election policy changes in various districts across the country has made it possible for the people to have more say in who they chose as their candidate thus, giving them more choice to choose the candidate from their preferred party.
- Activists: Political Activists are working hard to influence more people towards their party
- Emotional Association: Individuals tend to create emotional associations with their parties, and automatically start hating the other party, giving a rise to political polarization.
- Media Pressure: Social Media tends to show what we are looking for, as the algorithms of different social media profiles are created in a way that they show only our desired content. Thus, we only see the political affiliations which we are supporting, and this makes us more loyal towards them.
Thus, keeping oneself updated with political events is not that difficult nowadays and with the help of the tips mentioned in this article, you can easily learn about political affiliations in your country.