TFIGlobal
TFIGlobal
TFIPOST English
TFIPOST हिन्दी
No Result
View All Result
  • Indo-Pacific
  • Americas
  • Canada
  • Indian Subcontinent
  • West Asia
  • Europe
  • Africa
  • The Caribbean
TFIGlobal
  • Indo-Pacific
  • Americas
  • Canada
  • Indian Subcontinent
  • West Asia
  • Europe
  • Africa
  • The Caribbean
No Result
View All Result
TFIGlobal
TFIGlobal
No Result
View All Result
  • Indo-Pacific
  • Americas
  • Canada
  • Indian Subcontinent
  • West Asia
  • Europe
  • Africa
  • The Caribbean

Romania says no to Huawei, and that marks the final victory of Donald Trump over Xi Jinping

Akshay Narang by Akshay Narang
November 8, 2020
in Europe
Donald Trump, Xi Jinping, USA, Romania, China
Share on FacebookShare on X

The US President Donald Trump might have lost the Presidential polls, and China could be heaving a sigh of relief but Trump isn’t going to go down before giving the Chinese President Xi Jinping a major diplomatic shock. Trump has reportedly dealt a major setback to China in Romania. China and the US were engaged in a major tug of war for influence in Romania, but now it seems that the US is suddenly cruising ahead of China.

Two major developments have happened in Romania to suggest that the Balkan country is choosing the United States of America over China. Firstly, Romania has said no to partnering with China’s tech giant Huawei on 5G technology and secondly, the US is getting to finance a Nuclear Plant extension in Romania after it kicked China out of the project.

Also Read

Iran’s Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei threatens to sink the U.S. aircraft carriers

Putin Trolling European Leaders by Aligning With the US! Strategic Power Move Explained

Germany and France hold secret talks to share Paris NUKES as European nuclear shield, as doubts grow over US security guarantees

Romanian Prime Minister Ludovic Orban has explicitly said that Chinese tech giant Huawei “does not meet [security] conditions” to be a part of the Balkan country’s 5G networks. Orban said, “With respect to 5G, [China] cannot be our partner.”

It is no coincidence that US Ambassador to Romania Adrian Zuckerman has repeatedly warned about security risks posed by Huawei as a part of the larger American strategy to get its allies to desist from giving China a role in their 5G projects. The US keeps alleging that Huawei equipment could be used by China for spying.

In an opinion piece to Romanian media, Zuckerman said, “Huawei is the wrong choice.” The US Ambassador added, “Chinese communists despise freedom, rule of law, human rights, and the basic truth.” Clearly, Zuckerman’s remarks and the American pressure over Huawei have been able to cajole Romania into ousting the Chinese telecom giant.

Romania’s Prime Minister himself seems to acknowledge the security threat that comes along with Chinese technology. He said, “We’ll choose a company that poses no threat to national security or other areas.”

Even more importantly, it was reported last month that Romania and the US are likely to sign a historic deal allowing the US to get involved in the construction of reactors 3 and 4 at Romania’s Cernavoda nuclear power plant.

The US Embassy website quoted Ambassador Zuckerman as saying, “Minister [of Economy Virgil] Popescu will meet with [US] Department of Energy Secretary [Dan] Brouillette to sign an Inter-governmental Cooperation Agreement for the refurbishment of one nuclear reactor and the building of two new reactors at the Cernavoda nuclear facility.” The American Ambassador added, “This 8-billion dollar project will be a paradigm for future Romanian-American economic and energy development projects.”

The American investment in the extension of a Romanian Nuclear Plant is significant given that China was the one looking to invest in it. Romania had even signed a preliminary agreement with the China General Nuclear Power Corporation (GCNPC) in 2015 for adding two more units to the two reactors at the Cernavoda plant.

But then Romania changed its mind and decided to involve a democratically like the US over China. GCNPC itself has been on Washington’s radar and in April 2016, the US Justice Department even accused the Chinese company of nuclear espionage. Romania rescinded its preliminary agreement with GCNPC in face of American concern about growing Chinese influence in the Balkan country.

Till last year, Romania seemed to be at the crossroads of the US-China power competition. While Romania hosted an American military base and an American anti-ballistic shield, it was also looking up to Huawei and Chinese investment in its Nuclear Plant extension ambitions. But it seems that over the past two months, the US has been able to kick China out of Romania. Bucharest first chose the US over China for investment in the Cernavoda nuclear facility and now it has also rejected Huawei, seemingly due to growing American pressure.

Trump might not get reelected as the US President, but as Romania snubs China, he is clearly giving a final and decisive blow to Xi Jinping.

Tags: ChinaDonald TrumpRomaniaUSAXi Jinping
ShareTweetSend
Akshay Narang

Akshay Narang

Patriot, Political Analyst, International Relations expert

Also Read

Germany and France hold secret talks to share Paris NUKE as European nuclear shield, as doubts grow over US security guarantees

Germany and France hold secret talks to share Paris NUKES as European nuclear shield, as doubts grow over US security guarantees

February 14, 2026
Merz Pledges to Build Europe's Strongest Army:

“We will make the Bundeswehr the strongest conventional army in Europe as soon as possible,” German Chancellor Repeats Bold Defense Pledge 

February 13, 2026
Von der Leyen’s new 2 Tier EU Plan has no place for voting or democracy for smaller nations. Centralized control over the entire Europe in hand of Brussels 

Von der Leyen’s new 2 Tier EU Plan has no place for voting or democracy for smaller nations. Centralized control over the entire Europe in hand of Brussels 

February 12, 2026
EU Defense in Crisis: Next-Gen Fighter Project Near Collapse

Europe’s $100 Billion sixth Gen Fighter Jet Dream Crash landing as France and Germany FIGHT over Control, Technology, and Leadership

February 12, 2026
Von der Leyen Forced to Scale Back EU Spy Unit Plan Amid Power Grab Concerns

Von der Leyen Forced to Scale Back EU Spy Unit Plan Amid Power Grab Concerns

February 11, 2026
Franco-German Engine Era is Over? Merz Turns to Meloni as a new power couple to lead Europe

Franco-German Engine Era is Over? Merz Turns to Meloni as “a new power couple” to lead Europe

February 10, 2026
Youtube Twitter Facebook
TFIGlobalTFIGlobal
Right Arm. Round the World. FAST.
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • TFIPOST – English
  • TFIPOST हिन्दी
  • Careers
  • Brand Partnerships
  • Terms of use
  • Privacy Policy

©2026 - TFI MEDIA PRIVATE LIMITED

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Indo-Pacific
  • Americas
  • Canada
  • Indian Subcontinent
  • West Asia
  • Europe
  • Africa
  • The Caribbean
TFIPOST English
TFIPOST हिन्दी

©2026 - TFI MEDIA PRIVATE LIMITED

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. View our Privacy and Cookie Policy.